On this page you’ll find upcoming events and activities that relate to tools and concepts covered in 23 Things for Digital Knowledge.
Online / International Events
23 Things – Consolidating Digital Knowledge (Webinar)
Thursday April 26th, 10am – 11am (British Summer Time, GMT+1)
In this webinar we’ll be looking at Things 10 – 23 and consolidating the knowledge and digital wisdom we’ve gained from exploring the course.
Register to attend the session!
A weblink invitation link to join the Collaborate Webinar will be emailed to you on registration. Please save this. A reminder will be sent the day before the webinar.
Collaborate Ultra is a virtual classroom/meeting tool which comprises audio, video, interactive whiteboard, PowerPoint display, application sharing, polling, breakout rooms and session recording. Collaborate Ultra is the newest version of the university supported virtual classroom and meeting tool.
Non-University of Edinburgh participants, please contact Charlie via 23Things@ed.ac.uk to register.
23 Things Twitter Chat
Questions have been posted on twitter and direct links these questions can be found below so you can click through, follow, and respond to the questions that interest you. The theme of this chat will be Digital Confidence.
- Welcome & Introduction Tweet!
- Q1. Let’s play with the Twitter Poll tool. Do you feel confident using digital technology & interacting online? Answer the poll and reply to this thread with why or why not.
- Q2. Gif time! Share a gif of how you feel when using a new digital tool? (info on how to share a gif on twitter is provided in the thread.
- Q3. What does having Digital Confidence ideally look like, or mean, to you?
- Q4. Do you have access to support & resources to improve your digital confidence? If yes, can you tell us about it? If no, what do you think is still needed where you are?
Catch-up on and follow the conversation by clicking on the links above, reading and replying to the conversations. Or search for the
#23EdCh hashtag then and clicking on ‘Latest’. Scroll down to see the conversation history. Refresh the page to view the latest responses.
We run Twitter/Tweet Chats throughout the year. The conversations can be viewed and responded to at anytime by following the @EdUni23Things Twitter account and responding to questions and tweets on the hashtag
A Storify of the 2017 Twitter chat on Digital Knowledge is available on Wakelet: https://storify.com/SFCharlie/23edch-nov-2017
Information on Twitter Chats here: http://www.23things.ed.ac.uk/week-4/#bonusthingb
Digital Footprint MOOC: A free online course
Online course runs for 3 weeks each month.
Information & registration: https://www.coursera.org/learn/digital-footprint/