On this page you’ll find upcoming events and activities that relate to tools and concepts covered in 23 Things for Digital Knowledge.
Online / International Events
23 Things Twitter Chat – TODAY Tuesday February 6th!
Questions have been posted on twitter and direct links these questions can be found below so you can click through, follow, and respond to the questions that interest you. The theme of this chat will be Digital Confidence.
- Welcome & Introduction Tweet!
- Q1. Let’s play with the Twitter Poll tool. Do you feel confident using digital technology & interacting online? Answer the poll and reply to this thread with why or why not.
- Q2. Gif time! Share a gif of how you feel when using a new digital tool? (info on how to share a gif on twitter is provided in the thread.
- Q3. What does having Digital Confidence ideally look like, or mean, to you?
- Q4. Do you have access to support & resources to improve your digital confidence? If yes, can you tell us about it? If no, what do you think is still needed where you are?
Catch-up on and follow the conversation throughout the day by clicking on the links above, reading and replying to the conversations. Or search for the
#23EdCh hashtag then and clicking on ‘Latest’. Scroll down to see the conversation history. Refresh the page to view the latest responses.
We run Twitter/Tweet Chats throughout the year. The conversations can be viewed and responded to at anytime by following the @EdUni23Things Twitter account and responding to questions and tweets on the hashtag
A Storify of the 2017 Twitter chat on Digital Knowledge is available on Wakelet: https://storify.com/SFCharlie/23edch-nov-2017
Information on Twitter Chats here: http://www.23things.ed.ac.uk/week-4/#bonusthingb
Digital Footprint MOOC: A free online course
Online course runs for 3 weeks each month.
Information & registration: https://www.coursera.org/learn/digital-footprint/
23 Things Activity Session – AR/VR Google Cardboard and more
Wednesday, 21 February, 1pm – 4pm
As part of the Festival of Creative Learning at the University of Edinburgh, I’m running an activity session to get hands on with some of the more playful tools and Things. The session will explore Augmented & Virtual Reality, and Geolocations tools. Each participant will take home a Google Cardboard headset.
Unconscious Bias Workshop
Feb 7th, 1:30-4:30pm. Charles Stewart House. All Staff.
This workshop (facilitated by Dr Pete Jones, C.Psychol. C. Sci. AFBPSs, Shire Shire Professional Chartered Psychologists) offers delegates an opportunity to raise their awareness of unconscious bias, to apply that awareness to an HEI setting and to develop ideas for research led actions to mitigate personal, manager and organisational bias in key people processes. It includes an opportunity to undergo unconscious bias testing and to receive confidential feedback on the test results.
Information & bookings: http://edin.ac/2yg2HpW